We bid farewell to 2017 and look forward to what 2018 will bring in the world of streaming. Ready to dive in? Skim the summary below, follow the link to the full article for all the details, and weigh in with your feedback on Facebook or Twitter!
2018 Predictions Summary
- Producer automation: More high-quality, live content will be available because of automation.
- Viewer automation: Finding content you want to watch will get faster and easier.
- Live interactivity: Audiences are getting more engaged with live, social and interactive content.
- VR/360: Compelling immersive content is becoming more accessible this year.
- Low latency: You’ll watch more streams that aren’t 30+ seconds behind the live action.
- Reliable UDP: Networking changes are needed to watch interactive and immersive streams.
- HEVC: Apple will push the industry to get more efficient at sending HD video over the Internet.
These summary bullet points are merely sound bites. To read the full predictions, co-authored by our own Chris Knowlton, see the full-length post on the Wowza Media Systems blog.